Williams College is committed to fostering a community in which members from all backgrounds can learn, live, and thrive. Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff is part of this mission.
Don’t just search, recruit!
Take Advantage of Multimedia and Diversity Publications
There are numerous associations, publications, and online media platforms that reach diverse communities. Oftentimes, professional associations and organizations that aim to support the development and careers of those underrepresented in the field have websites on which employment opportunities may be advertised. Coordinating your recruiting efforts to include such resources will increase the likelihood of building diverse applicant pools for your department’s vacancies.
Examples of Potential Sourcing Options:
- Academic Institutions (schools/colleges)
- Alumni Networks & Affinity Groups
- Associate job boards & listservs
- Career Websites
- Direct Sourcing (networking, word of mouth, etc.)
- Diversity Websites
- Job Boards
- Newspaper (print or online)
- Online advertising (i.e. banner ads)
- Places of worship
- Recruiting Events